28 Mar How To Organize Your Kitchen Cabinets
Are your kitchen cabinets beautiful on the outside but a jumbled mess on the inside? Organizing your kitchen is actually easier than you think! Utilize your cabinet space and enjoy an organized, functional kitchen by applying these tips:
- Place commonly used items near eye or waist level and special occasion pieces at the top or bottom of your cabinets. This will prevent you from bending/reaching for items you need access to regularly.
- Store pots & pans near the stove, like on a shelf underneath or next to it. We suggest using a deep drawer for pots and pans and installing a shallow pull out drawer above for lids.
- Group similar object together. Baking items, casserole dishes, cutting boards, baking sheets, etc.
- Designate one drawer for ziploc bags, tin foil, plastic wrap, etc.
- Organize a tupperware drawer. Stack tupperware inside each other with the largest on the outside and the smallest on the inside. Stack the lids side by side. This will take up the least amount of room and prevent you from having messy, mix matched tupperware.
- Plumbing and pipes can get in the way under the kitchen sink, but you can still make the most of this limited space with stackable shelves. You can also hang scrubbers, sponges, etc. from a rack hanging on the inside of the door.
- Attach cork board to the back of your cupboard doors and hang items like measure cups/spoons and recipes from it.
- Use a drawer organizer for utensils. You can even add another layer to these drawers by inserting a small pullout drawer inside.
- Use wicker/wire baskets or bins inside your shelves for smaller items.
- Install stackable shelving. That way you can stack things on top of each other and make more out of your space. These come in many varieties, like metal or plastic shelf organizers.
Knotty Alder Cabinets provides wholesale kitchen cabinet accessories for your RTA cabinets to help you implement these suggestions:
- Install shallow, rollout drawers. These give you two tiers of storage and allow you to access what’s in the back much easier. Shallow rollout drawers are perfect for storing linens like tablecloths and placemats.
- Install a lazy Susan. This helps you store more items and see all of them easily.
- Install a rack for plates/cutting boards/lids/baking sheets.
- Install a pullout spice rack in a narrow shelf.
- Install a trash pull in a bottom cabinet. This helps you to easily separate your garbage and recycling, and also frees up space under your sink or in your pantry.
Bring your dream kitchen to life with RTA kitchen cabinets and organizing accessories from Knotty Alder Cabinets!