Corner Base Cabinet Assembly Single Door
Watch this video tutorial to see how to install a corner base cabinet assembly with a single door from McCoy’s Knotty Alder Cabinets.
- Flat Head Screwdriver
Particle Board Box:
- Open the box containing the cabinet and sort pieces based on size and shape.
- Empty the bag of hardware on a flat surface and sort. Be careful not to lose any pieces. There should be 18 cam-lock screws, 18 cam-lock nuts, 8 wood screws and 12 shelf pins.
- Lay the two skinnier rectangular panels and one of the large rectangular panels on a flat working surface (these are the side panels and one of the back panels).
- Drill the cam-lock screws into the pre-drilled holes on the top, side and bottom of all three panels.
- Slide one of the irregularly-shaped panels that is the length of the side panel and the height of the back panel into the side panel. This is the bottom panel.
- Carefully place a cam-lock nut in each hole connecting the bottom and side panels with the cam-lock screws.
- Secure the cam-lock nuts with a screwdriver.
- Repeat steps 5-7 on the other end of the side panel with the other irregularly-shaped panel. This is the top panel.
- Slide the back panel with cam-lock screws already placed into the side panel that is connected to the bottom panel.
- Place two cam-lock nuts into each hole with cam-lock screws and secure the cam-lock nuts with a screwdriver.
- Slide the other back panel into the top and bottom panels.
- Insert cam-lock nuts on the side panel into the cam-lock screws and secure with a screwdriver.
- Flip the cabinet to install the remaining side panel.
- Place the remaining side panel on the back, front and bottom panels.
Door Frame Carton:
- Open the other box that came in the shipment and lay on a flat surface. This should include the face frame.
- Drill a cam-lock screw into each of the the pre-drilled holes on each corner of the frame.
- Slide the frame into the pre-drilled holes on the front of the cabinet.
- Screw four cam-lock nuts into the cam-lock screws on the side panels, securing the door frame to the cabinet.
- Screw six cam-lock nuts into the bottom panel of the cabinet.
- Flip the cabinet so that it is sitting on one of the side panels.
- One of the back panels will be facing upwards. Drill two pilot holes on the side of the panel that is connected to the top panel.
- Drill two more pilot holes on the side of the panel that is connected to the bottom panel.
- Drill wood screws into each of the four pilot holes.
- Flip the cabinet so it is sitting on the other side panel, and the other back panel is facing upwards..
- Repeat steps 7-9 on the other back panel.
- Insert shelf pins and adjust the shelves found inside the box, making sure all four pins are at the same height.